VIDEO COURSE OF FASHION SEMIOLOGY
The Language of Fashion and Luxury through Style, Communication and Marketing
Ars Europa, with many years of popular and successful collaboration with leading Institutes of Fashion, Art, Design and Management, has arranged a video course about “Fashion Semiology: The Language of Fashion and Luxury through Style, Communication and Marketing“.
The course aims to illustrate to the students the signical and perceptual values (marketing oriented) of fashion and its visual representation, to help them to choose the best solution in the creation and representation of the fashion product and improve the critical approach and design. With these cognitive tools, learners will be able, therefore, to decide which signs, codes and communication strategies are most suitable for designing and communicating the creation of fashion, in relation to the perceptual results to be achieved in order to characterize the its communication with those iconic or symbolic values best suited to bring out in the end user’s desire to purchase.
The video course is composed by 8 lessons (one hour for each lesson) and will be available online or downloadable in mp4 format at 80 euros (usernames and passwords will be provided for use / download).
This intensive course is conceived for professionals coming from the fashion and luxury field and other sectors too.
All of the applicants will receive a certificate of participation with designation as a qualified “Fashion Semiology specialist”.
Several topics of our program of study will be the following:
- The concept of Fashion semiology and Semiomarketing
- Fashion conceived as communication system. Signical categories: symbols, icons, indexes
- Costumes, uniforms and fashionable garments : investigating the difference between fashion and clothing codes
- Visual categories: the shape and its meanings
- The discursive structure of Fashion: time, space and actors. The concept of visual identity
- Chromatic categories
- Semantic categories in Fashion: tactile, metric, optical
- Analysing Laver’s Calendar and understanding how people perceive trendy objects. Comparing the “use” and “purchase” variables within the Fashion System
- Plastic Denotation and Connotation
- Use of frames for shooting Fashion objects
- The observation point
- The topological categories used for fashion images: the axial and sequential path
- Jackobson’s functions in fashion communication
- Use of figures of speech in Fashion advertising
- Fashion as text and narrative. The actantial model
- The semiotic square
- Communicative analysis semiomarketing oriented and extrabrand of Dolce & Gabbana
- Communicative analysis semiomarketing oriented and extrabrand of Bulgari
- Communicative analysis semiomarketing oriented and extrabrand of Fendi adv
- Communicative analysis semiomarketing oriented and extrabrand of Moschino adv
Cinzia Ligas, semiotician, is among the foremost experts in Italy in luxury communication.
She is consultant in Semiomarketing, Fashion semiology, Fashion video advertising, Net semiology and Virtual fashion. Professor or lecturer at various prestigious university institutes as IESEG in Paris, Istituto Marangoni in Paris and Milan, IED in Milan, Domus Academy in Milan, Style and Design College, University of Bologna.
Books and Publications:
- Fashion Semiology, the Language of Fashion and Luxury through Style, Communication and Marketing for Gruppo24Ore e Istituto Marangoni Books – 2012
- Sign and Design. A practical guide to discovering, understanding and using the hidden messages in video advertising, found in Fashion, Design and Luxury for Ars Europa – 2013
- Semiomarketing. Communicative structures marketing oriented, aimed at optimizing business communications in order to improve the target-client conversion process, in Luxury for Camaleo – 2015
- “Principi di Net Semiology” for Tecniche Nuove – 2003
- Art Semiology – l’immagine oltre l’arte (tra pubblicità e marketing) for Ars Europa – 2005
- “Content Management” for Apogeo – 2001
- Soggetto Elettronico for Ars Europa – 2007
- Logosemiotica e Fonosemiotica for Ars Europa – 2006
For more infos send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and write FASHION SEMIOLOGY ENG as the subject topic.